Whether to use eggs or coconut oil as a weekly conditioner – when it involves hair care, there are several suggestions to consider. Mothers suggest traditional coconut oil is the best conditioner while hairstylists recommend salon keratin treatment. Before you choose the best treatment for your hair type, below are a couple of points to consider. The first step in hair-care is implementing a healthy diet plan that includes iron and healthy proteins. Iron-rich foods include leafed veggies, fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, chickpea, soybeans, and grains. Physicians recommend taking 12 mg of iron daily. Similarly, healthy proteins abundant in amino acids: cheese, milk, soy, lentils, peas, quinoa, and yogurt, all benefit hair quality. The hair cells are the fastest-growing cells in the body and any shortages of proper nutrients from the diet can heavily impact hair growth.
How to Maintain Healthy Hair: A Few Basic Tips
1. Typically it’s normal to shed 100 to 150 hair strands daily. Don’t be alarmed if that occurs.
2. Comb damp hair gently as they’re delicate and susceptible to damage. Take a wide-toothed comb and run it from the roots down to the end delicately as possible.
3. Trim hair every couple of weeks to get rid of damaged split ends. Trimming 1/4 of an inch of hair can prevent the split ends from expanding.
4. Don’t wash hair every day. Apply conditioner when using shampoo. Try to use the same brand of shampoo and conditioner.
5. Wash conditioner off with cool water to get the best radiance.
6. Use sulfate-free products. What are sulfates? They’re the chemicals that make shampoo more effective by cleansing scalp and hair thoroughly. But scientists suggest they remove vital oils from the hair. If you feel any type of inflammation on the scalp or hair loss, then switch to a sulfate-free shampoo.
7. Use natural ingredients to lighten the hair. If you have excessive dry hair, then avoid coloring. Free People, a hair blog, suggests lemon, chamomile tea, or honey are fantastic natural hair lighteners. You can spray lemon juice to hair when going out or wash hair with chamomile tea after using shampoo or mix honey to water to clean hair, to lighten hair naturally.
Other Natural Hair Remedies
Besides the basic tips for maintaining healthy hair, there are a couple of natural remedies that require a bit more time. The remedies range from home-made masks to other shielding products.
Nothing beats proper deep conditioning. Now and then wash hair with shampoo and towel dry it completely. Apply a good amount of conditioner to the roots. Use a wide-toothed comb and run it through the hair to make sure the conditioner gets all over. Leave the conditioner in for anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour depending on how damaged the hair is. Wash thoroughly to get rid of all products. Repeat this process to receive the best results.
DIY Heat Protectants Products
Directly applying a blow-dryer, straightener or curling iron to the scalp and hair can be damaging. If you must use these products, make sure to apply heat protectant products to protect hair from getting dry and brittle. There are a couple of home-made products to make at home.
- DIY spray – Gather almond oil, coconut oil, hair conditioner, water, and a small empty spray container. Put 200 ml of water in the spray container and include 2-3 drops of coconut and 4 to 5 drops of almond oil. Add 2 drops of conditioner in the mixture. You can include lavender or another scented oil if you would like. Shake well and spray all over.
- DIY cream – Take 4 ounces of shea butter, 4 ounces of cacao butter, and 20 drops of any type of vital oil of choice. Warm the butter till it’s all liquid and allow it to cool down. Add the vital oil to an empty bottle and add the butter. Allow the container to cool and apply to hair.
Home-Made Hair Masks
There are a couple of DIY hair masks that can be easily made with ingredients found in the kitchen. These are highly effective and easy to make.
- Egg, curd, and mustard oil mask – If the hair is hay-like dry, then this mask is the best solution. Eggs are abundant in vitamin A, B12, D, E, fats, and healthy protein. The healthy protein strengthens the roots and the fats make an all-natural conditioner. Mix the ingredients and apply to hair. Leave it in for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
- Avocado and peppermint oil mask – Avocados are luscious, abundant, and the only fruit with a healthy protein of meat, fat of butter, vitamins, and minerals of environment-friendly veggies with a nutty taste. Mash some avocado and include a drop or 2 of peppermint oil to the mix. Apply the mask on hair and leave it in for 15-20 minutes and wash off.
- Olive oil, coconut oil, and egg mask – Bella Fitness blog suggest this mixture is the best mask for fast hair growth. Mix 2 tbsps of coconut oil, a couple of eggs, and 2 tbsps of olive oil in a bowl. Apply to hair and leave it in for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
Oil Is the Answer
A conditioner is a great moisturizer for hair yet apply oil has it’s own benefits. Oils contain specific minerals, and vitamins that strengthen roots and increase the overall health and wellness of hair.
- Coconut oil – The most popular oil recommended by hair specialists. It can protect hair from sunlight damages, dandruff, and get rid of sebum accumulation from the roots increasing hair growth. You can add steam some curry leaves or Chinese hibiscus flowers to the coconut oil.
- Olive oil – If you’re dealing with dry hair in autumn then olive oil would certainly be a much better pick. Incorporate it with various other ingredients such as honey, cinnamon powder. A mixture of olive oil with honey and cinnamon powder makes a good paste to treat dry hair. Massage the paste right into the scalp and leave it in for 15 minutes before washing it off.
Remember the LOC method – liquid/leave-in conditioner, oil, and cream! First apply water to hair and then add a light-weight oil like coconut, olive, or almond. Follow this with shea butter or any kind of velvety conditioner of choice. Leave it in for some time and after that wash it off thoroughly. This method is best to use when dealing with dry and damaged hair.