Are you investing in pricey hair shampoos, yet not getting the desired outcomes seen in television advertisements? It is primarily because these advertisements often exaggerate to draw in customers. But the truth tells a different story. Dr. Sandeep Suttar, hair restoration and skin rejuvenation doctor, at Hair Revitalize in Mumbai, suggests there are all-natural ways to achieve terrific hair that should be considered rather than spending on costly hair shampoos and conditioners. If you try the simple methods below, then it is not impossible to achieve beautiful and shiny healthy hair.
1. Great Diet: One of the most effective natural methods for hair treatment is maintaining a healthy and balanced diet plan. Drink a ton of water and consume a good amount of raw vegetables and fruits.
2. Proper Sanitation: Unkept and unclean hair can cause dandruff and itchy scalp. Therefore, it is best to maintain good hygiene for healthy balanced hair.
3. Avoid Hot Water: Try to avoid taking showers with hot water. Dr. Suttar suggests hot water tends to dry out hair, removes safety oils, and makes hair brittle.
4. Don’t Wash Hair Frequently: Wash hair every 2-3 days to keep natural hair oils. Natural hair oils maintain volume and keep hair looking radiant.
5. Proper Cleaning Technique: Avoid using comb with plastic bristles to prevent hair damage. The most effective way to clean hair is by gently eliminating tangles and combing hair from the roots. This technique disperses all-natural hair oil throughout.
6. Avoid Combing Damp Hair: Dr. Suttar states that wet hair is three times weaker and is easily damaged. He suggests to towel dry hair and then carefully detangle with a large-tooth comb.
7. Air-Dry: Allow hair to dry completely on its own rather than using blow-dryers or warm rollers. Blow-dryers and warm rollers can make hair more breakable and dry. If there is no time to air-dry, then use a low heat blow-dryer.
8. Cut Hair Regularly: Get a hair cut at least every 6 weeks to remove dry and split ends.
9. Egg Treatment: If the hair is completely dry or damaged, use egg whites to hydrate the hair. Apply 1/2 cup of any egg blend (egg white or whole egg) to your hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing off with water. Repeat the process a few times a week to see results.
10. Container Gourd Treatment: Extract container gourd juice and apply it to hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it off completely. This remedy is known to work like a charm!
11. Honey Treatment: Mix 1 cup of conditioner and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Apply the blend equally on damp hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes before cleaning it off completely. This combination shrinks hair follicles and provides fantastic shine.
12. Baking Soda Treatment: Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda and water. Apply the treatment to hair after shampooing. Leave it on for a minimum of 5 minutes before rinsing it off. This treatment gets rid of excess hair shampoo from your hair.
13. Beer Treatment: Pour a small amount of beer on damp hair. Disperse equally and massage the scalp with fingers for 20 minutes. Thoroughly rinse after to remove the beer scent. Repeat treatment to achieve smooth and hydrated hair. Dr. Suttar advises individuals with sinus and cold to skip this therapy.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix apple cider vinegar and water. Apply it to hair and leave it on for 5 minutes before washing it off thoroughly. This treatment gives you bouncy hair.
15. Almond Oil: Use almond oil, a simple treatment, to treat excessive dry and damaged hair. Warm-up an adequate amount of almond oil for 40 seconds. Apply it directly on hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with shampoo and conditioner using cool water.
16. Lemon Juice: Use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to hair after the last rinse. Gently towel dry hair after. Lemon juice helps to treat damaged hair.
17. DIY Conditioner: Mix eggs and yogurt to make a healthy protein-filled conditioner at home. Scrub the conditioner into the scalp. Leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes, and wash off completely.
18. Proper Hairbands: Wear hairbands that are not too tight or snug. A proper hairband prevents hair damage.
19. Protect Hair From Pool: Dr. Suttar says pools can damage hair because of chemicals found in them. He recommends applying a small amount of conditioner to hair before swimming.
20. Protect Against Sun Exposure: Mix 1/2 cup of honey, 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1-2 tablespoon of egg yolk. Apply the mix on hair and leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse after. This therapy regenerates keratin healthy protein bonds, claims Dr. Suttar.